Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Joined Forever...


Art takes on many forms...
I love creating with my hands.
With my words...  
Touching the fabrics, and embellishments....is all simply amazing.
There's something about being in tune with the women in my collages as well.
It's like I can hear their voices in my head.  Like they have given me their blessings to include them in my art.  No, I'm not really hearing voices...lol, but there is something mystical about it...that moves me.
I do hear them...
Since starting this journey I have seen myself evolve as woman of purpose and beauty. 
They've helped me...
Before starting this journey and even several years into it, one would rarely see me in a portrait.  I couldn't see the purpose for me being in a shot alone.  The focus would be me and who would want that, I would think to myself.  I could see no beauty.
Until they showed me...
But as my journey continued forward as a fabric collage artist working with these images of these women from the past...I started to see beauty within me...and a purpose...
And I thought...
I have to start capturing these moments... just as they did in time past.
I have a story to tell too...
Maybe someone will be inspired...
It's not vanity... it's hope.
And maybe...just maybe...one day in the future...when I'm a part of the past...
Someone will find my portraits...hear my voice in their heads...hear my story in their hearts...
and create beauty as they see it around me...
As our journey's intertwine...
without us ever meeting...
we would be joined
forever...
in
Art.

5 comments:

The English Romantic said...

What a beautiful post Lovey,women fro the past do have the power to inspire.
I have been reseaching some family history and been amazed to find strong women who never gave up.
I hope to be the same.
Hugs, Angela.x

Evy said...

Hi dear Lovey, it makes for too long that I did not come to write a word, a forgiveness!
I see that your work is inspired always so magnificently, it is the real enjoyment! I understand this call, and in the future of the others shall appreciate to find your photo, for the same reason!

Blessings

Sugar Lump Studios said...

Beautiful post Lovey! Wishing you a wonderful Sunday!

suziqu's thread works said...

Beautifully written dear Lovey,
Big hugs,
Suzyxox

Sheila R - Blessed and Distressed said...

Beautifully said...

Older Posts Available...Click ABOVE!!!

Older Posts Available...Click ABOVE!!!
DON'T STOP HERE...OLDER POSTS AVAILABLE!
Related Posts with Thumbnails

Love is My Religion

My Kindest CindyLou

PatinaMoon

Photobucket

Lani's Inspirational Artwork...

Thanks Martina!

Thanks Lynn!

Thanks Marlynn!

Thanks Lovey...HeeHee!

Thanks Lovey...HeeHee!

Art Saves

CRESCENDOh.com
Guest Curator the Week of December 20, 2010

You'll Find Me Here Under Link Parties!

OWOH My Giveaway!

I WAS FEATURED HERE! 2/19/10..SO VERY SPECIAL TO ME! THANK YOU JULIE!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

My Images

The majority of the images I use in my art are from images I've collected over the years on the net...in the public domain and some that I have purchased.

My OWOH 2010 Winner!

OWOH 2010 Win!

OWOH 2010 Win!
Thank You Mryna!

Us...